SEO Traffic the whole point of having a website. So you’ve launched a new website. The lights are on, the fanfare is playing, but nobody showed up at your party. You might be wondering, “well why isn’t anyone coming to my website?” Here’s a short checklist to see why.
- Spend the time and money. Good copy doesn’t come cheap. It’s either you invest your own human capital in making SEO-friendly keyword-laden copy that helps search engines see you, or you simply pay the professionals (i.e., web outfits such as us) to make the copy for you.
- Low quality equals high risk. Low quality backlinks and/or low quality on-site content can easily result in your site being penalized by search engines. Make sure you’re hiring the right SEO outfit that will help you with “white hat” techniques as opposed to “black hat” shortcuts.
- Tell the world! Blast it on Facebook, send out an e-blast to your mailing list; if nobody knows about your website, that’s more than likely because you haven’t told anyone about it.
- Patience. It takes Google anywhere from 24 hours to 2 months to completely index your new website and for it to show up on search engines. Don’t expect your site to show up #1 on all search engines either; SEO is a gradual, continuous process.
- Know your competition. Find out what the sites ranking on the 1st page for the keywords that you want to rank for have done, on-site and off-site, to get there.
- Use Pay Per Click (PPC) in addition to SEO. If you can afford to do both, then do both; although PPC can be costly, you can get visitors to your site straight away for any keywords that you want.
And there you have it. If you’re still experiencing a person-less party on your website, why not call us and see how we can help you?
Comments are closed.